You can also view the message online
Châtenay-Malabry (FR - 92290), 4 November 2013
EFITA newsletter / 624 - European Federation for Information Technology in Agriculture, Food and the Environment
Give your blood (Fête du boudin = sausage festival)
30 Years of Plant Biotechnology
12 and 13 November 2013 - GHENT, Belgium
Please view the program and register your attendance by visiting these links:
- 12 November: Symposium celebrating the achievements of agrobiotechnology
- 13 November: Forum on Global Agriculture and Forestry
Progis at Agritechnica
12-16 November – HANOVER
> Farmers, Service Providers, Agri-Advisors and Agri-Politicians - Attention please!
To cope with today’s complex requirements, to lead own enterprises to more profitability, or to provide excellent consulting to customers, one should avail oneself of the advantages that smart agri-management software solutions are offering.
But attention please, software is not equal to software - fortunately! In this efficiency oriented world it has always been our target to offer only one system, one solution comprising a wide range of tasks, with a clear and easy-to-use structure, taking into account economic, environmental and legal aspects. The users of our software - the agriculturists, the advisors and service providers took always the centre of our developments with the final goal to lead them step by step to a holistic solution. Come and visit us at Agritechnica - hall 17 stand B32 and let us advise you.
> WinGIS with DokuPlant and/or ForestOffice
- Precisearea identification – on basis of Ortho-images 30cm –per plot and whole enterprise
- All-overplanning of all working steps per crop, plot, enterprise (recommendations for cultivation processes and endless timeline are integrated) and region (for advisors)
- Forest-inventory (growth tables) and forest-logistics
- Calculation per crop, enterprise orr egion (foradvisors)
- Documentation of all processes
- Nutrient balance per plot and enterprise (CO2-balance under development)
- Traceability with data-transfer to partner
- Basis for reports to public (private) institutions
- Order transfer to machine cooperatives/contractors or other service providers (the systems supports the recording of the completion confirmation)
- Central planning of the logistics processes per enterprise and mobile unit
- Direct addressing and on-going communication with the mobileunits - mobGIS
- In-time supply (delivery, pickup e.g. to/from industry) –group management
- Precision farming: Integration of complementary data(soil moisture, weather, nutrients etc.)
- Thematic maps for optimized irrigation, fertilisation, spraying….
- Virtual land-consolidation for optimized usage of machines and other operating resources
> Agricultural-ICT-Infrastructure as Country Solution
A package of Ortho-images, agro-sensors, integrated software solution and consulting, including models for the implementation and re-financing of this ICT-infrastructure for the benefit of all actors of the agricultural-sector.
Solutions for the environment (EnvirOffice), for land use planning (Z-GIS), and natural risk management complement the range.
„Don't worry about the harvest, but about the right cultivation of your fields.“ (Quote: Confucius)
This is as valid as 2500 years ago but with the extension that agricultural management became a very complex task till this day. We would like to assist you doing this job - with software solutions – service and consulting.
12th International Conference on Precision Agriculture (ICPA)
20 - 23 July 2014 - SACRAMENTO
World Congress on Computers in Agriculture 2014
27 - 30 July 2014 - San Pedro, San José, Costa Rica
New technology to turn water pollution into fertilizer
Voir : http://www.agprofessional.com/newsletters/agpro-weekly/articles/New-technology-will-turn-water-pollution-into-fertilizer-227237321.html
GMO "Golden Rice" Article on BBC
Precision Ag 2013: Top 5 Technologies To Watch - Semios has 1 and 2 covered!
Australia: Rural Commodities Wrap – October 2013
Traceability issues in the food and feed supply chain
Stewardship: doing good business, not simply feeling good
USAID, Syngenta Collaborate to Improve Global Food Security
'How much do you