You can also view the message online
Châtenay-Malabry (FR - 92290), 7 July 2014
EFITA newsletter / 654 - European Federation for Information Technology in Agriculture, Food and the Environment
To correspond with me (GW), please use this address: guy.waksman(a)laposte.net
The Caverne du Pont-d’Arc (FR): you’ll be moved as you discover humanity’s most ancient masterwork, just 36,000 years old
UAV flights, speakers scheduled for Precision Aerial Ag Show
9 -10 July 9 - DECATUR, Ill.
If you’re into UAVs, consider attending this year’s Precision Aerial Ag Show July 9 and 10 in Decatur, Ill. Ag Eagle, SenseFly, Horizon Precision, MLB, Trimble, Precision Drone and other makers of unmanned aerial systems will be among the companies exhibiting their precision aerial technology at the show.
AFITA 2014 conference paper submission due July 15th
18th International Conference on Information Systems for Agriculture and Forestry (ISAF2014) together with the Open Data for Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Rural Development workshop: Call for papers
15 – 17 September 2014 - JELGAVA, Latvia
>> Conference topics
- Open Data for agriculture, forestry and rural development
- Precision farming and precision forestry issues
- Sensor technologies
- ICT for agriculture sustainability
- Land use, land cover and rural planning
- Farming on cloud
- Space technologies for agriculture, forestry and rural development
- Environmental risk management
- Innovation and transfer of technologies
- International cooperation
All accepted submissions will be published in the ISAF2014 Digital Proceedings.
Selected papers will be published in the Agris On‐line Papers in Economics and Informatics journal that is indexed by Scopus http://online.agris.cz. Papers must adhere to the formal and content requirements to be published in the journal. Papers accepted for the publication in the journal will be peer‐reviewed.
>> Important Dates
- 31st July 2014 Submission of extended abstracts
- 10th August 2014 Notification of abstract acceptance
- 5th September 2014 Submission of complete paper
- 31st October 2014 Notification of acceptance for Agris On‐line
>> Extended Abstract and Paper Submission
For submission use submission form on the conference website…
>>> Open Data Hackathon: on Open and Linked Open Data for Agriculture, Forestry, Environment,
Transport and Rural Development
The Open Data Hackathon will be organised as a part of 18th International Conference on Information Systems for Agriculture and Forestry from 15th till 17th September at the Latvia University of Agriculture, 2 Liela Street, LV‐3001 Jelgava, Latvia.
>> The purpose of the Open Data Hackathon:
- To identify available open and linked open data sources in agriculture, forestry, environment and transport.
- To exchange experience between teams and projects developing platforms for open and linked open data.
- To establish links between open and linked open data producers, SMEs and free‐lance developers.
- To support development of new apps based on open data in agriculture, forestry, environment and transport and their commercial exploitation.
>> Who we are looking for:
- Organisations which are data holders, developing open platforms and interested in making their solutions publicly available. This includes interoperability testing of your platforms and attracting potential external developers or investors.
- SMEs and freelance developers interested in developing new apps based on open and linked open data.
- Potential investors looking for new interesting products.
- The Open Data Hackathon is free of charge.
>> Rules for participation:
- All participants will participate on their own costs.
- Students and freelance developers will have a free access to the Open Data Hackathon and the ISAF conference (excluding the Ice Breaker party and the social dinner). Other participants should pay the conference fee.
- All participants must be registered in advance (see the instructions below).
Contact : Sarka HORAKOVA
10th ECPA – submission of abstracts open
12-16 July – Tel-Aviv - Volcani center
> Abstract submission has opened, and will remain open until September 15th 2014.
Please visit the following webpage for guidelines and abstract submission:
> Check the conference website regularly so as not to miss any piece of news. In addition, we kindly keep asking you to fill in the questionnaire in order to have a better indication of possible attendance and to keep you up-to-date.
> The proceedings of the conference will undergo a peer review process by the scientific committee. After the conference, presenters of oral presentations will be invited to expand their manuscripts and submit them to a special issue of the Precision Agriculture Journal.
The scandal of fiddled global warming data
The US has actually been cooling since the Thirties, the hottest decade on record…
My remark (GW): I never understand this kind of debates. Why should we have to believe (or not believe) in climate change and in its human origin to think that we should spare our fossile energy sources.
Standardised labels can massively boost recycling, claims Recycle Across America’s Executive Director
Post-EU Summit Analysis: Juncker in driver seat of multi-speed Europe
EPC's leading European politics expert gives an exclusive post-summit analysis after 26-27 June
Golden Rice 3rd European Campaign: France and Germany - June 19 - 23
Greenpeace has blocked Golden Rice using public pressure, and that is the only way they will be convinced to change their position and make an exception for Golden Rice.
Voir : http://www.lafranceagricole.fr/actualite-agricole/ogm-l-association-golden-rice-now-en-campagne-pour-la-mise-en-culture-du-riz-dore-90194.html
Voir : http://www.lapresse.ca/vivre/sante/nutrition/201406/18/01-4776977-le-riz-dore-plaide-sa-cause-en-europe.php
Bubba went to Texas A & M University on a football scholarship. He was a good quarter back, but a poor student.
At graduation day, Bubba didn't have enough credits. But he was a great football star and the students held a rally and demanded the dean give him a diploma anyway. They were so insistent that the dean agreed if Bubba could answer one question correctly he would give him a diploma.
The one question test was held in the auditorium and the students packed the place. It was standing room only.
The dean was on the stage and told Bubba to come up. The dean had the diploma in his hand and said, "Bubba, if you can answer this question correctly I'll give you your diploma." Bubba said he was ready and the dean asked him the question.
"Bubba," he said, "How much is three times seven?"
Bubba looked up at the ceiling and then down at his shoes, just pondering the question. The students began chanting, "Graduate him anyway! Graduate him anyway!"
Then Bubba held up his hand and the auditorium became silent. Bubba said: "I think I know the answer. Three times seven is twenty-one."
A hush fell over the auditorium…and then the A&M students began another chant. "Give him another chance! Give him another chance!"
The distribution of this efita newsletter is sponsored by vitisphere.com
Please, contribute to the content of your efita newsletter, and advertise your events, new publications, new products and new project in this newsletter. Without your support, it will not survive!
Contact: Guy WAKSMAN
To read this newsletter on our web site