You can also view the message online
Simultaneous imagery display
It is usually necessary to simultaneously display multiple image sources, such as RGB & NDVI orthophotos (from UAV's / drones) and satellite imagery, as well as shape files (such as combine harvest maps) and KML features (soil fertility, plot boundary, etc) for better and more intuitive crop/plot analysis.
Data from the seed trench, by Lynn Betts
Map organic matter, soil moisture, soil temperature and residue on the go.
“We know we have variability across our fields, but only one in four farmers address it. We know, too, there’s an 81% correlation of soil organic matter to yield. Why can’t we make better use of that information?” asks Jason Webster. “We can,” says the central Illinois farmer and Precision Planting agronomist, “and it’s easier than it’s ever been.”
Working drones out of sight, by Willie Vogt
New report sets framework for using drones beyond line of sight; what does this mean for your farm?
John Deere invests in new testing lab at ISU
The company will build a facility at Iowa State to design and test ag spraying and application equipment.
How Will Grower-Owned Digital Ag Tools Change the Game? by Emma Cosgrove
A telecom executive and a grower cooperative and IBM are coming together to create a new set of digital ag tools.
The Grower Information Services Cooperative (GiSC) is a farmer-owned cooperative storage system for data that offers cloud-based data capture software. The telecom exec is Ronald LeMay, who along with being the former CEO of FarmLink, GoGo Inflight Internet Services, Japan Telecom, and Sprint PCS, is also the founder of Main Street Data.
Farmer shares his experiences using a robotic tractor (See the excellent web site: futurefarming.com)
Dutch born Gerrit Kurstjens shares his experiences of operating a driverless tractor on his farm in Australia.
One of the world's first driverless tractors is being put to work in fields south-west of Brisbane. Last season it clocked up 10,000ha (24,700 acres) of spraying with a spot spray rig.
It also carried out 5,000ha (12,400 acres) of tramline renovation work.
Twin capability for new ISOBUS CCI 1200 terminal
A new ISOBUS capable display for use in tractors and other agricultural vehicles has twin terminal capability enabling operators to monitor and regulate 2 implements simultaneously.
Reichhardt connects Deere with Agco
The German-American company Reichhardt has launched the Green Fit system. With this system the automatic GPS steering system AutoTrac from John Deere can also be used on other brands of tractors.
UK: The farmers' world is about to turn upside down
Many rural professionals feel that the main problem for UK agriculture is not having succession talks within farming families. I reassure you now that it will be the tip of the iceberg when subsidies are removed. If you don’t do budgets; do budgets. If you are not sure where your business is going; get a plan. There is a rough ride ahead, which we can all survive, but we must be prepared.
The Go Oxygen Bar... (Funny but I am not convinced since I believe that too much oxygen could be dangerous – GW)
An Oxygen Bar is a wonderful addition to any stress relief event. There is nothing better than sitting down and breathing. Bringing an Oxygen Bar to your next mobile massage event enhances the experience for all that choose to enjoy its benefits. This spa service can easily accompany your mobile massage event at your office, school or trade show.
Oxygen Bars were first utilized in urban places that were known to have a lot of pollution and poor air quality, such as Tokyo, Las Vegas and Los Angeles. Since their inception they have become more widely used not only as an aid in air quality but also for the inherent benefits associated with a more pure oxygen level.
Oxygen is a vital part of our existence, it is in the water we drink and the air we breathe. It is well known that plants produce oxygen while “breathing in” carbon dioxide. Oxygen Bars are like bringing a forest full of plant life right to your event without hurting the environment. 90% of our energy comes from oxygen, the other 10% comes from food and water. It is one of the key elements to good health and vitality.
The average person takes about 200,000 breaths a day and the air we breath is about 21% oxygen. The oxygen that is dispensed from an Oxygen Bar is about 90% pure oxygen, giving the boost in the oxygen levels in the body.
The distribution of this efita newsletter is sponsored by vitisphere.com
Please, contribute to the content of your efita newsletter, and advertise your events, new publications, new products and new project in this newsletter. Without your support, it will not survive!
Contact: Guy WAKSMAN
To read this newsletter on our web site